broken and misunderstood pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken and misunderstood pain

I dont feel like I want to write in here, but I feel like I just want help, but I dont want it at the same time. i feel really annoying, and like all these "troubled" teens. I feel like I am depressed.... unable to eat, oversleeping, hopeless and I just feel sad. Oh, and just because I couldn't brush my hair cuz it was frizzy, I tossed the brush and scratched the wall. I got nervous during sciemce class, i gave up and left. Im just always nervous. Yesterday was my "friends" birthday, and shedidn't invite me. And she didnt even tell me. And no she's not mad at me or anything. But it made me feel no matter how much I join things and try hard to make friends, I still dont make any. And my teacher says that ur a likable person and all that stuff, then why do people hate me and have bullied me? How come I still didnt make friends until now. I feel like I need to tell guidance to tell me parents, but they will be upset, and I dont care if it is out of concern. My mom is sad and she hates herself and her life, but she doesn't want to admit that to her kids. she will take that against herself and blame herself. Speaking of blame, my parents dont accept mental stuff. I cant talk to them because its awkward. I feel uncomfortable and wierd. They taught me that a girl has to be pretty to hold a house and for her future husband, if u are shy and quiet, u lost and you cant be sad no matter what. Her perspective is wrong...and again no.... I want write a note to them. I feeel worthless... and no I am not suicidal. I just want out of this pain. Its PAIN. I wake up and cry. I sleep and cry. At school I cry. I am stressed about what I want to become. I wanted to be a singer nd a celeb, but I have no opportunities. I cant push anymore. I feel like I will always be sad. Im not doing well in school and the councelor sucks. I feel like everybody wants to watch me suffer, and fail. I also want to ask... what do u mean my proffesional help? And how does therapy even work? Can u tell me about it? Then... is wrist band snapping self harm?

Don’t feel like your annoying for asking for help when you feel sad. Its takes courage to ask for help! Listen, everyone feels depressed sometimes but if you feel like it becomes too overwhelming then it might be time to reach out to a professional for help! Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares @ 866- 202-4357, they provide local mental health professionals to you. Also you can use the resources that are available like your guidance counselor at school. It is a safe a nonjudgmental space to talk and he/she can even get you outside help as well. Have you told anyone about how you are feeling? Parents? Friends? Sometimes a simple thing like just venting to someone you trust can make your mood feel better. Here are a couple of other strategies to use to cope with your feelings such as journaling, do things that you enjoy like reading, writing, cooking, listening to music, etc., and take care of yourself by eating a healthy diet, be physically active and sleep. Activity is proven to reduce stress and anxiety!
    If you need to talk further about this or anything else, call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 to help you! You can also text us every day from 4-8pm. I hope that helped you!
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 09-29-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

U missed alot of what I wrote

Comment

I'm sorry that you feel we didn't address something as much as we could. I will try to answer some more of your questions and if you there is something specific that we miss please don't hesitate to reply. It sounds like you're going through a lot right now and I might not have all the answers to your questions. It seems like you are experiencing anxiety on a regular basis and as you mentioned you believe that you want help. Well here is a great place to start. We are able to talk to you about why you may be feeling anxious, issues with people at school, family difficulties and so on. In terms of professional help we would mean a licensed counselor, because we are support counselors which is different. Many times you find professional help through your insurance. Once you find a counselor you go in for an intake which is just to find out basic information about you before counseling begins. During counseling sessions you are able to talk about anything that you are going through, you may discuss coping skills, or potential goals for the rest of your sessions. Discussing self harm there are different opinions about rubber band snapping. Some individuals keep a rubber band on their wrist and if they feel like they want to self-harm they use the band instead. However, the use of a rubber band can also be painful. If you are using it to deal with anxiety you may want to establish other coping skills that may not be so physical. Talking to people about mental health can feel weird at first, but don't let that stop you from letting them know how you are feeling. You're parents may not accept mental health right now, but I'm sure they also don't want you to feel worthless, anxious, and in pain. I think a letter is a great idea. Sometimes you can write the letter, read it a few times, make sure you have clarified how you are feeling, and then give it to them. You could also call us and discuss what you would want to say to them. If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM. I hope that helped to clear up some things but if it didn't please let us know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X