Depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

How do I "come out" as depressed to my mom? I want to ask for help because every night, I feel like I'm going to relapse into cutting and am also suicidal. How do I ask for help?

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. If you are having thoughts of suicide, have a plan to commit suicide or feel that you are a danger to yourself contact 911 right away or contact the suicide prevention lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255. Telling someone that we are feeling depressed can be difficult, but the best way to do it is to be honest. If you have a relationship with your mom where you think that you can be honest, sit down with her and explain what's going on. If you don't feel comfortable discussing it out loud write her a letter about how you are feeling. Telling her sooner rather then later is the first step in getting help for your depression. It may be difficult for her to here, but the sooner she knows the sooner she can support you in getting the help that you need. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X