Braces and eating disorder😟

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braces and eating disorder😟

Hi so I just overcame anorexia and my doctor and family is very proud of me. I have been eating as much as I want and for the first time in a long time I have been enjoying my food. Anyways, today I got braces and I'm really worried about food. I just got the hang of eating right and now I have to limit my options because of my teeth😔I'm extremely upset and today I had a good breakfast but after my braces got on I only had a big cup of frozen yogurt but my body needs more because I lost a lot of weight due to anorexia and I am at healthy weight now and today I felt really sick because I didn't eat! What should I do!

I am happy to hear that you have support dealing with your eating disorder and have made great strides to overcome it! Listen, anyone who gets braces has to be careful about what they eat, but don't get ahead of yourself thinking that you are going to take steps back. Get that thought out of your head and look at this for what it is, temporary, because of your braces!! You can still eat things as long as you are careful, here are some ideas for meals;
    Oatmeal prepared with milk, mashed pears, cold pasta salad with very small tomatoes and cucumbers (peeled) and shredded chicken, tapioca pudding (healthy for you), spaghetti with pureed veggies in the sauce (carrots and spinach) and lean ground beef, baked potato, scrambled eggs, mashed avocado, cottage cheese and any kind of soup. I hope this helped and keep your head up.
    If you ever need to talk call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us Mon. - Friday from 4-8 pm. @ 908-280-0235.
    In addition here is the link to the The National Eating Disorder's website @ http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/ or give them a call at (800) 931-2237 for additional support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X