Graduation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation

My mom and I thought that my graduation ceremony was tomorrow, but then we found out today, that graduation was tonight. I stayed home today, since I believed that it was tomorrow, and there was no reason to go today since we haven't done anything important in school for a while. So, how I found out, was just from a message from my best friend, I know that she didn't go to school, so I texted her beforehand "I'm not going to school yay!". And she replied saying that "If u don't go then you can't graduate tonight." In which i already spent half of the day so far at home. I was surprised, again, I just found out at 11:26 pm, that graduation was tonight. School ends at 2:00 pm. My friend also said, "U need at least to be at school for HALF THE DAY to graduate." I spent, again more than half of the day home, and right now it is 12:30pm, and again, school ends at 2. I told my mom, and she flipped out on me. I started crying, and having anxiety from being extremely confused since my mom called my school and they said that graduation was tomorrow, BUT on my invitation and on the school website, it states that it is on June 22nd, which is today. I wasn't at school for half of the day of course, so I can't graduate. But, my mom is forcing me to do the graduation ceremony, even though beforehand I didn't even want to go, and now I can't. My friend that texted me isn't in trouble, and her parents didn't agree for her NOT to be in the graduation. They wanted her to be in it, since she didn't go, her mom called the school, and her mom told her that the thing about being in school for half of the day to be able to graduate. Me and my friend are both in Zephyr(the category in our school) so we would have been graduating at the same time. I'm very confused, what should I do?

I can understand your anxiety about this situation. I would contact your school or have your parents contact your school. It may be too late to walk at graduation, but this shouldn't stop you from getting your diploma. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X