I hate myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate myself

I just really feel like I make no one happy around me. I'm surrounded by people, but I'm so alone. My mom wants to take me to a psychiatrist because she thinks I'm crazy, but I really just want to overcome this all on my own. I just don't know what to do at this point and I'm loosing confidence.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time. First of all, just because you are having these feelings does not mean you are crazy. Many people have these sort of feelings and sometimes they are harder to control. Your mom might be right with wanting to get you help - even if it is just to talk to somebody- it doesn't have to be a psychiatrist- it could be a psychologist, counselor, or therapist. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try-if you don't like it you do not have to keep going. Just keep in mind that it may take a few visits to get comfortable with the therapist. You may have to visit a few different therapists too in order to feel a good connection with someone you like talking to. I do like how you said that you want to overcome this all on your own because it shows that you are aware of your feelings and want to feel better. Sometimes, though, there is nothing wrong with getting a little help when the negative feelings are too strong for only you to handle without support. Please call us here at 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 if you want to talk about this in more detail with one of our phone counselors. We are here 24/7. You can also text us from 4pm-8pm at 908-280-0235. Best of luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X