Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem i found with therapy

RANT:
    i have been going to therapy since my sophomore year in high school it was on and off till the end of junior year. now its pretty constant. the struggle im currently facing is the fact that they don't tell me straight up what disorders i have. ive always known i have had an anxiety disorder, ive always know my moods were anything but ordinary, however i still need to know what i have so that way i can face my symptoms head on. but apparently that isnt in my best interest. last week in my session my lady kept bringing up BPD (borderline personality disorder) and she said that that is definitely something that you are showing reoccurring instances of. but she never let me ask about it because she thinks it will "intrude on my recovery". Im a control freak i like knowing what the heck is going on with me because it stresses me out not knowing.
    END RANT.
    #thankyousomuch

Thanks for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. Depending on what type of therapist you are going to they legally may not be allowed to diagnose you. Many times only psychiatrists can. However, she may also not be bringing it up because some counselors don't feel that labeling someone with a diagnosis is helpful to their recovery. Maybe try asking her if there is someone else that would be able to talk to you about potential diagnoses or discuss with her how not telling you is affecting you much more. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us any day 4-8PM at 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X