My depression is interfering with my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My depression is interfering with my life

I posted a little while back. Sorry if this is a repeat. So recently I chose a college based on the fact that it was ranked highly for my major but is however a bit of an unheard of college and it is low ranking and very unselective. Some adults I knew commented to me before I had commited there that it was a "slacker school" for "lower tier students". I worked really hard in school and in track to get into a bunch of much better schools but chose there because of what I wanted to study. However now that i commited I like started feeling really terrible. I keep finding reasons to feel bad about the school like things I didn't look into before like the fact that I can automatically get into from my local community college with a 2.0 which I didn't notice before and how they brag about good job placement but after looking online it's really only mediocre. After this happened I completely regretted turning down 14 other really good colleges and basically have no school pride. I am completely terrified that it I want to transfer into the other schools I got into out of high school even with a good GPA I won't get in because of the college that I choose. Now that this happened I got like really depressed. I have a job instead of school now that the year is ending and I used to run everyday and now all I do is lie on the coach and eat because running makes me really depressed because of how hard I worked in running to get into all the other schools and now I can't run on their teams again because the team at the school I chose only has one season and I won't be in shape for any other schools team, which I wish I had thought about more. And after the 8 weeks I took off i really can't run there. I am so out of shape.So as a result I get really sad and cry everyday after work and I have gained like 6 lbs and I look so gross and feel so gross. And I don't even have the energy to do anything anymore. all of my clothes hurt and I don't have any homework and I can't even clean my room, I just have no energy to do anything. And I go to work really disheveled. Even when I see my friends I just feel bored and sad and I didn't used to and I feel like everything in my life is the same only coated with sadness.i eat junk food All the time now and I used to eat so healthy. I just want to stay in high school and not leave. I absolutely hate it anytime anyone asks me where I am going to school, and I hate it even more that I have to wear a stupied college t shirt on our senior day to show everyone the college for stupied slackers I somehow chose to go to, and I feel so bad, and so fat. I just want to go back to high school and my decision day and have chosen somewhere else. I want to transfer and find a way out and I haven't even started school there yet. I just feel really unsettled about it And nothing feels how it used to. Just the fact that I have to fill out another round of applications to transfer stresses me out and scares me. I don't even know if I will get in or have an equal application, or if the schools will give me the same amount of money that they did before so my parents will still agree to pay for it. Everything in my life just feels so unsettled and wrong.😣

I'm sorry that you have been feeling this way for some time now. We do remember a similar post, so some advice may be repeated as well. Many schools make transferring into them slightly easier than the initially application, it's not just your school. It also doesn't have to do with how great the school is or not. Sometimes they do this so those who are unable to afford a non-community college/university still have the opportunity to go to a great school, by going to community college first and saving money. If your school is ranked highly for your major than that's what is important. People can say bad things about any school, but this isn't about them this is about you. This isn't their future it's yours. If you decide to transfer schools, it's not the school that you went to before that matters it's your grades and which program you want to enter, which requirements they have. So many people go to community college first and transfer to elite schools. The fact that you are able to go to college right away and still have the opportunity to transfer is a huge accomplishment. Don't let this decision to go to a school (which is highly ranked for your major) define you. This is one step in your college career. If you want to feel better than make a change. Try the school for a semester, if you don't like it then leave, but don't leave because other people made you feel bad about your decision. They aren't the ones going there and they aren't the ones paying the bill. Also if you no longer want to feel this way on a day to day basis than do the things that you once enjoyed. You're letting this thought about school affect your everyday routine when you haven't even gotten there yet. Once again if you don't like it when you get there, transfer, but until then get up, go run, enjoy your life. This is one decision and you have other options so don't look at it like it's permanent or going to ruin your future. If you want to talk more give 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline a call 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us any day 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X