self harm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self harm.

I self harm. Lately all I want to do is cut, my parents are trying to understand but they just don't. They always ask if its suicidal or to relase pain, but the truth is I don't know. I don't want to be put in a hospital but I also just want help. What do I do?

Self-harm can be really dangerous so it is important to get help if you continue to cut or feel that you will continue to self-harm. People self-harm for different reasons. Sometimes it is to release pain other times it's to help us deal with a specific situation. It's important to develop coping skills so you don't continue to harm yourself. Try using a marker on your skin instead of cutting there are many more coping skills available to use. If you want to gain a better understanding on why you might cut along with coping skills and support call 800-DONTCUT (366-8288)- www.selfinjury.com or visit this website @ http://tbutterflyeffect.tumblr.com/ its support for people who self-injure. If you want to talk to us more 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline is available 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Help me from self harming

I have be cutting because I feel that no one cares about me and loosing two of my friends I cut want to cut but I do not want scares on me but it is to hard for me to stop

Comment

I understand that it is hard for you to stop, that's why we recommend seeking professional help. It can be scary to ask for help, but it's the first step to help you to feel like yourself again. Sometimes we can feel alone in the world, but we want you to know that you are not alone. We at 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline want to help you and are hear to listen. If you want to talk to us more 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline is available 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us any day 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

I don't know how to stoop cutting

I have been cutting for a while know and I talk to people about and they don't really help

Comment

Sometimes talking to people with backgrounds in mental health can be helpful. You can always call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us any day 4-8PM at 908-280-0235 to talk more and see if maybe we have a different perspective.

Comment

Self Harm

My boyfriend has been thinking about self harm because I use to do it. He has been going through rough times at home and is telling me he feels like he wants to. I tell him not to and to think about me before he does. He asked me if he should go to therapy? I go to the school's School Base but schools out so I don't know where to tell him to go. I want to help him and think he is strong enough to stop this type of thinking but I don't know what else to tell him.

Comment

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sure you know how difficult what your boyfriend is going through is. Sometimes people are able to stop self-harm or negative thinking on their own, but many times it only comes after they learn techniques from outside help. There are other counselors besides for the school base ones. If he feels comfortable he can talk to his parents about how he would like to talk to someone, then they can look at their insurance and see who takes theirs. If you would like to talk about this more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM at 908-280-0235
                Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-30-2015, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                Working...
                X