Sexual assault??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual assault??

I can't figure out whether I'm being too over dramatic or if my feeling are valid. I was sexually assaulted in the past, a total of 3 times in just 2 years. So just this past week my friend wanted to drink with this guy we just met. I told her that was a bad idea so she decided not to drink but we still decided to hang out with this guy (which seemed fun, and was a first) but he didn't want to keep his hands off of me even after I told him to stop. I used to scream at people for even hugging me except a couple select friends and my mom and sisters. Now I can control my anxiety with it but I still freak out inside. Are my feelings of being uncomfortable around this guy valid or just stupid? I just want to feel like a normal teenager.

I’m glad you reached out to us, that took a lot of courage! You are not being dramatic or exaggerating your feelings when you say that you don’t want anyone to touch you. You have experienced a traumatic situation and need to work through your emotions in your own time. What happened to you was not your fault and you are not alone there are professionals that can help support you. It’s not uncommon to feel uncomfortable when someone is trying to get close to you after being sexually assaulted, so your feelings about that guy are absolutely valid. Some days may be better than others for you and that is what can happen. You really need to get professional support so you can try to heal. Have you reached out to anyone? Do you talk about what happened with someone you trust? It would benefit you greatly to do so.
    Please don’t hesitate to reach out, here is a great resource you can use for support @ The National Sexual Assault Hotline @ 800-656-4673. This is also a great support link that can give you information & resources @ https://www.rainn.org/ or online.rainn.org If you want to talk more about this or anything, call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X