how to tell ma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to tell ma

How do I tell my mom that I've been having really bad suicidal thoughts and urges to self harm lately. I'm in an IOP program thing. Never been to the hospital because my mom claims that I don't need it. I think I do because every night is a struggle for me not to kill myself. The therapists can't help me because my depression isn't sparked by any outer thing so I can't really stop it. What do I do?

Hi - I'm so glad you reached out to 2nd Floor on our Message Board. You can also call us to talk about this issue at 888-222-2228 any time. If it is hard to tell your Mom face to face somethings writing a little note expressing how you are feeling is an effective way to tell others you are in trouble. You're Mom is not the person who decides if you need to be hospitalized for depression. That job goes to professionals. You are in an IOP now and if they feel you need to go into the hospital because your depression has reached dangerous levels you will be admitted. If you are struggling with thoughts every night please call us! You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8256. I'm confused by what you are saying about the IOP staff. Depression does not have to be sparked by anything; when it is it is called Situational Depression - but not all depression is situational. Some people struggle with depression for their entire lives because it runs in their families and other people get depressed because the type of personality they have makes it difficult to get along with the people in their lives. Please talk to your therapists and talk to your Mom. Whatever you do please keep talking! You are valued and you are needed. Please call us or write us back! Thanks for posting here. Your post is important and will help others, too!

2nd Floor

Comment

hi

hello im echo-of-my-voice on tumblr if u need to talk ive gone through the same thing. ive been suicidal before and im a self harmer and ive been in programs and im even currently in a behavioral school. please feel free to message me on tumblr hopefully u have one if not its easy to make one

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X