Biting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biting

So I've been having a tough time again. I've been good for a while, even stopped cutting. But last night, my thoughts were getting to me too much and I didn't have any razors or anything (I gave them to my therapist) so I started suckling and biting my hand. I probably wouldn't have cut if I did have them anyway but...I did bite myself to relieve my head.
    Should I tell my therapist? I don't want them to tell my mom.
    Also, what can I do to prevent, like, infection or something when biting?
    Thanks.

First I want to remind you that if you feel that you are in danger of hurting yourself to call 911 right away or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline @ 1-800-273-8255. As far as infection goes make sure to wash the cut on your hand after you bite. Soap and water, or alcohol/peroxide although it may burn, plus some neosporin or anti-biotic ointment. I can't make any promises about whether or not your therapist will discuss this with your mom, but this is important in your treatment. It's your decision whether or not to tell her, but think about what's best for you to get the help that you need. Good luck with everything and I hope this helped in some way! If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X