My life is falling apart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My life is falling apart

My dad and have not been talking for 4 days now. I've been trying everything to be his friends (talking to him and writing him letters). He thinks that I am the biggest disappointment in his life, I know that's how he feels about me. I get good grades in school but he always gets mad at me because of this guy that I'm dating. He says I'm too young to be dating, I don't agree with that. My boyfriend is my best friend, he is there for me, he sends me presents because he lives far away. My life is terrible

Thanks for posting in the 2nd Floor Message Board! I'm so sorry this is happening between you and your Dad. There is a person you did not mention...your Mom! What are her thoughts on this? Does she support you in having a boyfriend or does she agree with your Dad. You did not mention your age, so we can't give feedback on your Dad's potential concerns and if those concerns are reasonable or not. You say you think your Dad feels that you are the biggest disappointment in his life. Please please please don't be a mind reader! Just because your Dad is upset at you doesn't necessarily mean he feels that way. Parents are people too and they have emotions. Hang in there and try to find out more information first before coming to a conclusions that you are not sure of. It may be a good idea to call the 2nd Floor Help Line and speak to a support counselor directly. I really think this may help! Take care.

Sincerely,

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X