Insecure Eyes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insecure Eyes

I have a condition called strabismus. It causes one eye to turn in a different direction than the other. For instance, I will be talking to my friend while making eye contact with them. All of a sudden, one of my eyes will turn to the right while the other is still looking at the person. I cannot feel it when this happens, nor do I see from the angle of my turned eye. Obviously, other people notice it. I've FaceTimed people only to hang up abruptly and cry because they noticed my eye. I don't think anyone attempts to be mean, but it really bothers me. How do I become more okay with my situation?

Thank you for reaching out to 2ndFloor. I can understand how you are feeling concerning your eye, and how difficult this may be for you. One way of dealing with the situation is by getting in front of it. Tell people about your condition so they are aware of it. Let them know that it may turn without you knowing so that they don't make any comments when it does happen. It takes time to feel completely comfortable with who we are. This may help you to take more control over the situation and in the end gain more confidence and acceptance of part of who you are. If you want to talk more you can also always give 2NDFLOOR a call @ 888-222-2228 anytime or text us Friday night's from 4pm-8pm @ 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X