Love

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love

Hello. I am a sufferer of depression and I have suicidal thoughts. I used to be in a mental health clinic. I have a huge desire to help the world. I believe that this world suffers largely because of depression. I think that if people were not sad, then more people would be happy. When someone is happy, they have the ability to impact the world in great ways. Its depression, sadness and suicide that prevent people from doing so.

How do you think that I can help make this world a better place?

Depression is a very common disorder that affects millions of people all over the world. I'm glad that you reached out to 2ndFloor and commend you for your openness. First off, if you are still having thoughts of suicide it is important for you to reach out to a counselor to make sure you are getting the help you need. It is important to help ourselves before we can truly help others. I'm not sure how old you are but if you are interested in helping others, going to school in the mental health field could be a good option for you. That can range from social work to case management to counseling. There are endless possibilities for you to help others. Another way is to volunteer somewhere, it can be an extremely rewarding experience. If you would like to talk more, please give 2ndFloor Youth Helpline a call anytime 888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X