Angry friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry friend

I actually don’t know if my friend is angry at me but I feels she is. I’m not so sure though because I have a history of making mistakes in this department due to my anxiety and problems with paranoia.

Recently she’s become very distant and started ignoring me. I tried to ask her if I did anything wrong and she said no so I let it be. But today she walked right past me in our usual meet up spot so we can walk to the bus together. I managed to catch up with her and asked why she didn’t come up to me and she said she didn’t have to always walk with me. I kinda understand it since I did grab her and ask her ‘why the fuck did you walk past me’ but I thought I was in a joking tone since usually I curse. I apologized and asked her if she was okay since she seemed in a bad mood and she said no. I apologized again because I have problem with saying sorry a lot and can’t stop myself and she told me I sounded whiney whenever I apologized in what sounded like a really rude tone.

When we got on the bus I sat in a seat diagonal from her instead of across because I sensed she wanted to be left alone. When my other friend got on the bus they started talking and didn’t really include me in the conversation so I ended it silently crying in my seat while they kept talking for the rest of the ride home.

I don’t know what to do and I’m not even sure she means to be mean or if she was actually speaking in a rude or angry tone since I have problems with that type of stuff.

Sorry you had your feelings hurt today, that never feels good to be ignored. It's hard to say what's going on with your friend since she is the only one that knows why she is acting the way she is. It's totally possible that you did nothing wrong and she was just having an off day today, especially since you asked her if anything was wrong and she told you she wasn't mad. If there are behaviors you are doing that you think might be annoying or bothering her, try to work on limiting them. If she is still acting the same way tomorrow it would be more of an indication that she is mad about something. If that's the case you can choose to give her some space/time to get past it on her own and see if she goes back to normal at some point or you could talk to her like you did before and cite examples of how she's been treating you differently for the past couple days. Hopefully that opens up the lines of communication and healing. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I don't know if you will ever see this reply since it has been a month already, but I would also like to respond. I am sorry that your feelings are hurt and I hope you got reconcile with your friend. Honestly giving them a few days just to see if they cool off would be good. Like the response before mine they may have had a rough day so that could be a factor for their attitude at that time. If it continues maybe properly talking it out with them could be good, but it takes a good amount of courage to take that first step to try to make up with them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X