My friend is hurting himself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is hurting himself

I was just taking to my friend and said he was bleeding on his ankle. I asked why and he said "..oh I tripped", but he didn't. I think he's cutting himself and I have no idea what to do. I know his family is really not the best at the moment and he's also having to make a decision between his friends or his girlfriend who he really likes despite the fact that she doesn't treat him too well, in my opinion. He's telling me that it's been a couple of weeks since the last time and that it's okay but I know it's not. He doesn't want me to tell anyone because he doesn't want his girlfriend or his other friends to find out. he was a therapist but he keeps saying he's fine and refuses to talk to him. I don't know what to say or do. If i tell him to "just stop hurting himself" I feel like he would get upset. I couldn't exactly tell his parents because his mom is always super busy with his younger siblings and his dad is always drunk and smoking or vaping. I really don''t want to see him hurting but I don't know what to do or say to help him feel better.

I am very sorry to hear this. You sound like a really great friend. You should pass along these resources to him...
    www.self-injury.net
    www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org
    www.selfharm.net
    You should also try speaking to your guidance counselor at school about this. He needs as much help as he can get. Please pass our number along to him as well. If you would like to discuss this further you can call or text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X