Trouble Making New Friends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Making New Friends

I had a group of friends and I am a senior in college, and most of my group of friends graduated school. Lately I have felt very lonely and isolated. One thing I struggle with is putting myself out there to make new friends, bc I feel that I seem awkward and I don't feel comfortable talking much to people I don't know well. Lately, I have made a goal for myself, or some goals. First, I have decided to never sit by myself in the cafeteria if there is someone I know slightly, in the caf, I must go and sit with them, and later invite them to do something after. Second, I have taken time to keep in touch with my friends who graduated, even if I am alone on campus, I still take time to keep up with old friends. 3rd) I am going to make an effort to talk to new people in class and eventually start inviting them out. 4) I am going to join two new clubs and try and make friends there. What else should I do??? I just feel depressed and isolated and like I am alone on campus all the time. I understand that making new friends takes time, but I lack patience, and everyone else around doesnt seem as isolated.

Hi there! Your goals sound pretty solid; great job - stick with this plan! I get that you're saying that you lack patience, but please try and give yourself a break- the new semester just started This is your senior year, and soon you will become engrossed in your work and studies and hopefully make time for fun stuff. You have a lot to look forward to, and we at 2NDFLOOR wish you all the best! If you feel that your depression persists you may want to consider speaking with a counselor on campus. Hope this helps. We are here 24/7 if you'd like to call or text us anytime @ 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X