Confused and upset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and upset

one of my best friends, has started avoiding me, for no explanation, the first semester, one of my friends was like my best friend, and used to text me all the time for meals, and activites, and then the second semester rolls around, and she just stops initiating contact. when I contact her sometimes she wants to hang out and other times she doesnt, but what is annoying is that when I asked she just said that she is "busy working a lot", which is true, as she got a job on weekends that she didnt used to have, last semester. While I get that people may get busy and that this can be the case,she still continues to reach out to two of my friends and not me. Its not like we had any issues, it was like the second semester rolls around and I guess she decided we werent friends anymore. She also rolls her eyes sometimes at things I say, which is rude, which she didnt used to do. I mean what can I honestly do, I feel like I have done my share in asking her what is up, and since she says nothing, what else can I do? She also has had issues and falling outs with various groups of friends....its like one day she is rolling her eyes at me and the next day she says she wants to go to an activity we mention in conversation..so I am trying to move onto just finding new ppl.

. I have tried making other friends, but as an upperclassman, I feel like they just arent in the state to make friends anymore. Like I tried befriending my roomate, as she is nice and we talk a lot, but whenever I invite her to do anything she already has a group of friends, and makes excuses as to why she cant. I feel like she likes me as a person, since she chose to move in with me, but doesnt have time for any more friends. I then tried making friends in class, and one of the people in class, talks to me a lot and we hung out a few times, but then got busy with hanging out with her boyfriend, and no longer had time. I honestly get the vibe that she likes me, as she continues to be helpful, in class and we talk a lot. The last person I tried to befriend was also in class, and she invited me to hang out with her group of friends a few times. While I like her as a person I really didnt like her group, as they yell and scream in the cafeteria to the point that people turn and stare at them, and there was also a guy in the group who made me very uncomfortable and kept trying to hit on me, so I guess we could get lunch occasionally after class, but I really didnt hit it off with that group.

Im also concerned about next year, as the rest of my group of friends are graduating and im still at school, so I really wont have anyone to hang out with. Its also too late to rush as a senior,so meeting people through greek life isnt an option and I need to spend time applying for jobs in the fall, so I wont have time. Same is true for clubs, I feel its easiest just to talk to people in class, or acquaintances I see around and try to get closer with them.

Its just something ive struggled with for a while. I had a hard time making friends in high school and I do in college also. Its like nice joining clubs and talking to new people, but at a certain point they arent as open as they used to be freshman year, already have a group and aren't open to others. I mean I try to be postiive, focus on the other person, and ask questions, and stay away from bad topics, as I like to think I have good social skills, but at a certain point theres only so much you can do. the one thing that gets in my way can be my add, which is mild but occassionally I get distracted by other thoughts when someone is talking to me. I also feel this happens to other people also not just me. Ive gotten close to a 4.0 in college, still had time for a social life, and am the top of my class at college without medication, so I would like to think its possible to make new friends.... any thoughts?

I guess i should just keeping putting myself out there, be positive, and hope it eventually pans out with some people, theres not much else I can do

I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. I am sorry you are going through this with your friend but it sounds like she has a difficult time holding on to friends. I am curious to know why you can't join any clubs at school? Is it really too late? If not I would suggest that..otherwise it sounds like you are doing everything you can. It sounds like you are trying to make friends and putting yourself out there in different situations. Does your roommate ever invite people over? Maybe you can get to know some of her friends that way. Here is an article about making friends after Freshman year, some of the ideas might help. https://www.hercampus.com/life/famil...-freshman-year If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to 2NDFLOOR by message board, text or phone. We are available 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good luck and try to enjoy your time at school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X