people dont like my character, feel unworthy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people dont like my character, feel unworthy

I got dropped twice from sorority recruitment, I got into a organization the first time I went out, then went out again and told me no matter what I did there was nothing i could do to be able to join their org, even if I went to more activities, that they had, While they said the activities were open to anyone on campus, even if I went to them, no matter what I said or did, I couldnt get in to the org. They also refused to give me an explanation as to why this was and when I asked, all they said was "you cant get a bid, from us and we cant tell you why not not, we are sworn to secrecy", This just seems incredibly mean to me, offering someone a position in an org, and then saying they can't have it anymore, without an explanation, and even to say no matter what you do, or say, you still cant get in.

the only hypothesis I have is ig, trying too hard to seem interesting and show my strengths to the point that it backfires and people think im being condescending nad one upping them. Like them: what did you do this weekend? I travelled here here and here, what did you do, and they say nothing, I guess they feel one upped. But i feel like I am supposed to try and be interesting, and not boring, so they want me in their org. Since rush at my school isnt that hard, and like 75 percent of my school gets into greek life I feel like there is honestly soemthing wrong with how I interact with ppl. I honestly feel like the entire world hates me..... and my personality, and i think its unfair bc, I show concern for others, ask about them and try to be positive, but I still lose out.

Also arent you supposed to show your strengths and talents to greek organizations, and try and tell good stories? Like what else could I possibly be doing wrong that is causing all these people to have such a dislike for me as a person and my personality? I try and be nice to everyone, positive and outgoing

Im also never mean to anyone, and i never backtalk anyone or insult them, so why do these people dislike me with such a passion?

It sounds as though the process of getting involved in Greek life has made you question yourself as a person, I'm sorry this has made you question and doubt yourself. In regards to sorority and fraternities, each organization has their own values and strengths they may be searching for during recruitment or in general and if these organizations fail to see what qualities and traits you pose it does not make you a bad person or unworthy by any means, it is simply just not being compatible with that organization and that's ok. It is a process to find an organization you feel you belong best to being that these organizations are established with thoughts of having a sisterhood/brotherhood that is lifelong and so taking your time in considering what you'd like from these organizations can help in both finding the organization that's best for you and compatible as well as in finding future sisters who share similar interests. If you believe that there has been unfair treatment in your university there are also Greek college advisors you may speak to to fully understand what is currently going on. Remember your worth is not tied to how others feel about you but how you feel about yourself, finding other organizations you can join on your college campus also helps in finding others with similar interests as you and helps to remind you that your worth is important and that there are others who will care to interact with you. We are also here 24/7 whenever you'd like to speak again through text and phone-line, we're glad you're reaching out for support today.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X