Confused and Self concious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and Self concious

I've felt isolated with the friends that I have, for reasons im not sure of, I have like 3 best friends, but it doesn't seem like enough, so I have been trying to reach out to people I used to hang out with and people in my classes, to try and make more friends and feel less isolated. However, the people that I am referring too, one of them is my roommate, and they talk to me a lot and even offer to help me out in class, and we have good conversations, but whenever I try and invite them out, they always make lame excuses, that I can honestly tell aren't legitamate, and neglect to answer my texts and this has happened with like 5 people that I see in person, who then do this. It's like text one, "sorry im working, or sorry im in class", text two, "sorry im working", and text 3 they dont answer at all, but continue being friendly when I run into them. If they wanted to be friends, they would likely be available some of the time, they honestly aren't in class 24/7.

I almost want to ask them, what the issue is, in a more polite way like say, "I know we haven't talked in a while, so I understand things may feel a bit awkward, but I was hoping we could be friends again, and I was wondering if there was something that I did to offend you or was off putting", its just annoying since this has happened with like 5 ppl, and I get that they have their own group of friends, and busy lives, but I feel like they would just be a bit more open then they are acting, so I feel like im doing something wrong somehow. I mean i guess its random since we havent talked in a while, but I dont really understand why they need to act like this. Its not like there was an abrupt end to our friendship, they are just acquaintances, I used to hang out with every so often and them I got busy, they didnt really reach out to me, so it ended like that. I had taken more of the initiative to begin with.

Would it be wierd and awkward if I asked them like or said like, "i know its been a while, and we havent hung out, but I was hoping we could be friends again, im a bit self concious since you seem busy all the time, if there was something I did that bothered you?, you can be honest with me, " only because this has happened with multiple people and it is frustrating

Sorry to hear that you are going through this with your friends right now, but glad you reached out to 2ndFloor! To answer your question, it sounds like if you are comfortable to ask that than you should! If you have been friends with these people there is no reason why you can't ask them a simple question and get an honest answer. If you feel that the friendship is still worth rekindling than you can definitely explore with them reasons why you guys have lost touch. Also, people do tend to be busy a lot of the time as I am sure you are too! But it can't hurt to figure out if there are any other reasons why you have lost touch with your friends. If you want to discuss this further with us please call or text us anytime we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X