Will this really change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this really change?

I've had a weight issue for years now. Not at an unhealthy weight, I can still run around the corner and stuff. But I hang out with people with these beautiful bodies and i'm at the point where I haven't hung out with anyone this summer and tried to stay in my room as much as possible because seeing the first pretty girl with that beautiful body or that cute boy that I know won't look in my direction because of how I look will make me want to cry and I'll feel really crappy. I just want to crawl into a ball and stop hating myself. It may sound super dramatic but waking up every morning and having to turn away from the miror when you brush your teeth really hurts. And knowing that all the people around you just think you're being dramatic sucks even more.

I don't think you are being dramatic at all. Body image and self-esteem is something that many people struggle with at varying degrees. You should not have to be afraid to look at yourself in the mirror every morning, that sounds extremely difficult. I know isolating yourself in your room might help in those moments, but it also sounds like it's making this much more difficult for you. There are many different options you can take to help you gain self-esteem and start to love the person that you are. You could ask to talk to a counselor, which would help you to develop positive self-talk and coping skills . You could talk to a nutritionist/join a gym. These options can be good for educational purposes but also gyms are now a great place to develop positive relationships and to understand that everyone's bodies are different. You could talk to your friends about how you are feeling, just opening up could help you feel a little more comfortable in your own skin. I bet one or more then one of them has had negative thoughts about their own bodies at one point. You can also take a look at these websites/resources which tell personal stories and help inspire people everywhere to love their bodies. http://proud2bme.org/ https://healthyisthenewskinny.com/ I want you to know that you are not alone in this and everyone's journey towards self-love is different. Start today by telling yourself one thing that you do love about yourself. This may seem like a small step but it's the first step to remembering how unique and beautiful you truly are. If you want to talk more you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

hey i feel the same way. i know how it feels. it really sucks. the only thing is im 13 and 4ft6 and my weight is 150 pounds. but hey keep smiling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X