No announcement yet.

Bi Friend Likes Me But I'm Straight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi Friend Likes Me But I'm Straight...

Ok so my friend who is a girl,C, showed me some different writings in a journal that was distinctly about me and how much she likes me as more than a friend w/out saying my name. I don't know what to do... I'm 100% straight and I don't want things to be awkward and I don't want to lose her friendship... How do I subtly let her know I'm not interested? What do I do??

One way to play it is to act as if you don't know it was about you and just see how she moves on from here. Maybe she'll drop it, or maybe she'll actually tell you who the writings are about. Another option is to talk with her, directly but honestly, about your feelings. You can tell you that you like her as a friend, but your feelings for her are never going to go beyond that. Not mean, but also not leading her on and letting her think there is a chance things could work out between you two. Now she may be hurt by this because you feel differently about her than she does about you, but you can't control how people react to your honest feelings. She may even struggle with friendship with you. Imagine you had a secret crush on your best guy friend and he told you it could never happen...carrying on a friendship like everything is normal could be hard. In any case, good luck and hopefully your friendship can get through this. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

If you're really good friends, she'll be understanding. She'll be a little sad, but she will respect your decision, and you should let her know you do care about her. Just not the same way.

Comment

If you're really good friends she'll be understanding, she'll be sad a little, but she might get used to being just friends again. Just let her know you still care about her feelings, but you don't think of her the same. Let her know it'll be alright.

Comment

I would talk about boys in front of her to give her the hint

Comment

so my bisexual friend came out to me today and I asked her some questions and she said she likes someone and I said who a s she said do g judge me you are the only person I will tell um... I like you Gracie! then I was in shock then I said ok I am fine with that! I don't know what to do we are best friends now I kind of feel uncomfortable with her! I do t know what to do!!!

Comment

I can definitely understand why you feel uncomfortable with her now. The best thing to do is be honest and tell her how you feel so you can talk it out. I know saying something to her about it may also make you feel uncomfortable but if she is a good friend to you she should understand. You can tell her that just like she told you something and you did not judge her, you have to tell her something and hope that she does not judge you. If you do not have the conversation it may lead to you pushing her away and avoiding her and then possibly ruining your friendship. If you would like to talk about this further you can call or text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

My best friend who I knew was bi just was kinda implying she likes me but on her Snapchat story she did a yolo ab who she liked and someone said my name and she said "maybe/kinda" but I don't know if I like her back so I don't know what to do

Comment

You can be honest about your uncertainty if you prefer. You can take your time to decide whether or not you have a direct conversation. The choice is yours; you don't owe anyone any particular response. Good luck!

Comment

I would talk to them about my type (for me, Korean guys) and maybe that would give them the hint

Comment

You do not have to tell anyone anything right now if you do not feel comfortable. However, if you bring up the conversation you may they may have questions so you may need to think about what you would say. If you would like to talk about this further you can call or text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

So I knew my friend was bi a long time ago, and I declined her friendship. But I'm back now as I wanted to be friends with her again, but the girls in my school are making heart signs with their fingers, and they are even telling their little siblings. I'm getting anxiety over the fact people think we are secretly dating, and are repeatedly telling me she likes me, and that she likes things that aren't usual for our age. So I've been looking up ways to deal with this anxiety the other students caused.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                        Working...
                        X