My friend is suicidal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is suicidal

My friend has slit her wrists a few times and it really concerns me. She has stated she wanted to die a few times and I don't know what to say or do. She has had a rough past and she is always telling me she is being haunted by it. She claims her parents are cruel to her and don't support her at all. She also had anxiety and a few other emotional issues I cant remember. How can I help or how can get help for her?

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. Getting help for your friend is the first step to her getting better. If you believe that your friend could harm herself in the meantime please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1 (800) 273-8255 or call 911 right away. It's also important to tell an adult that you feel comfortable talking to. This is not something that you can do on your own. She will need a large support system. Tell her parents if you can. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them talk to your parents or a teacher at your school (if you go to the same school). They will have the best resources to get her the professional help that she needs. Also encourage your friend to reach out to the suicide prevention lifeline. You're being a great friend by asking how to help her get through this. Remember this is not something to try on your own, involve adults that you trust, and continue to support her and listen to her. If you need more help give 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline a call 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X