Depressed Friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed Friend

One of my best friends is having problems with depression and seems upset a lot of times when we hang out. I try to be a good listener, share some good resources I know of, and tell him to maybe talk to someone (I know how much all of this helped me overcome some problems of my own) but he kind of just shrugs it off...I really care about him and want him to feel better, but don't know what to do

It's great that you want to help your friend and so far you have done everything that a good friend should do! Depression is difficult because many times that person doesn't realize that they don't always have to feel this way. Continue to do what your doing, but also discuss with him the potential of talking to his parents about the way he has been feeling. If you are close with his parents you could also speak to them and just let them know your concern. As great as it is that you are continuing to help him, also realize that it is not your responsibility to make sure he gets better. It's beneficial to reach out to a trusted adult, because they have even more resources that can help, even if it's your parents for advice. You're being a great friend, but don't forget to take care of yourself as well! If you want to talk more give 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline a call 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X