Odd one out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd one out

So I'm a 15 year old girl. I have a group of friends who all used to be my friend until I introduced all of them. We have all been friends for like 5 years. The problem is I feel like the odd one out now. Like before I used to be the friend that brought everyone together but now everyone hangs out without me. I also feel like all of them are changing without me but in the same way. For example they are more into drugs and going to guys houses or just chilling at home. I'm the type of person who likes to go places and do random spontaneous things and not have to use drugs to make my personality more fun lol. I feel so out of place and awkward when I hang with them. I always talk about going to do something and they don't seem interested at all. They just keep looking at their phones.
    I just hate it. We used to all be so close. Now all of them are close and It just feels like I'm the weird one. I want a new group of friends but it's kind of hard to find that in high school... I feel like a bad person for wanting them to change but at the same time they used to be like me. But I guess they just don't find me interesting anymore. Usually when I hang out with them I try to be like them and sound interested in their conversations but honestly I just don't find talking about being high is fun anymore.
    I keep telling myself I just have to be myself around them like I used to do so naturally. But every time I do that they get all awkward and almost like annoyed. I don't know what I do. They are all the serious type all the time and I'm silly and don't like to be serious a lot.
    It's ruining my confidence with other people because when someone makes a certain face or something i automatically think they hate me or what I just did even though I know that person barely knows me and probably doesn't even care about what I just did. Advice??

Growing up we all change. It seems not necessarily that you're the odd one out, but that you and your friends are changing into different people, you are growing apart, and that's ok! Many times in life we will change, lose, and develop friendships. You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable being yourself when you are with your friends. Although it may be difficult to form new friendships in high school consider joining a sport, club, or group where you could surround yourself with people with similar interests as you. You could also look for groups outside of school, this way could be easier because the friendships aren't always already established. You don't need to feel bad about moving forward in your life. Maybe at some point they will change and your friendships will maintain but until then you need to do what's right for you. If you want to talk more 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline is here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or you can text us daily 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 08-04-2015, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X