I'm so lonely now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so lonely now

How do I make new friends? In the last two months I had the ability to lose a friend, have that friend become so angry with me to the point where she hacked my Facebook and spammed phone with rude messages, to having no friends at all. I didn't realize how much this person had influenced my life. Once we ended the friendship, I realized how little she left me with. I hardly talked to any of my other friends and family to the point where my entire existence was based around her. But now, I'm so afraid to talk to everyone. I've been over my boyfriend's house every day because he's been there for me since the beginning of all this. He makes me feel so happy, and I need that so badly right now. However, I feel as though I'm smothering him. And my only other friend is away in California. I suppose it doesn't help with it being summer. The thing is I'm also very well liked in school, very active in the community, and almost everyone in my town knows my name. I don't know why I feel like this. Is it because I feel like nobody could ever fill her shoes? Although I enjoyed our friendship at times, she was not a good person, and I would never want her back in my life. Or am I just more comfortable being mistreated by someone? I guess that correlates with my terrible home experience but I'm not entirely sure. I know at this point I'm just ranting on now but I just need your help. And honestly reading it back to myself it doesn't make much sense at all. I guess that's what happens when you don't talk to people for a while.

Thanks for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR! From your post, it sounds like the friendship that you ended was with someone who was very close to you. When a close relationship ends (friendship or romantic) it is common to feel like there is a void left in your life. This is because regardless of how that person may have ultimately treated you, you shared ALOT of memories with that person. So it is common to feel like something is missing and that you have no one to talk to, when that person leaves and just leaves you with the memories. But when someone leaves your life, it also creates a chance for you to start new and fill that void with new people and experiences.

So if you already know that you are well liked in your community and at school, this may be the chance to reach out and try to make some new friends. Perhaps get more involved in some of the activities you are already in. This will allow you to not only keep yourself busy, but possibly open you up to new experiences. Doing this, starting new, isn't always easy, but that is where your boyfriend comes in. It sounds like he cares about you alot, and is a great support system. So continue to go to him when you need someone to vent to or talk with during this transition. Over time it will get easier, but it does take time. If you want to talk further about this please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR 24/7 at 1-888-222-2228 or text us anytime from 4-8pm @ 908-280-0235!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X