how do you join a social circle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you join a social circle

Throughout high school I have been in pretty much the same friend group but how do you join a new one anytime i invite people from class to hang out it is usually just me and a few others aside from their group of friends and usually they don't invite me back and I end up having to do all the work, like I am never a part of a clique and my friends are boring that I have now and they honestly refuse to go out so how do I join a new one? I talk to as many people as I can in class yet they often say they are too busy to go out when I ask yet they have time to see other people . Also I am involved in extracurruicalrs and the same thing happens.

Joining friend groups can be difficult, but I think you are handling the situation well. It may take some time, because these friendships have already been established for some time now. Just keep asking people that you want to be friends with to hangout, even if it's not as much as you would like it's still progress. If they are saying they are too busy and unable to hangout with you then maybe don't pursue those friendships. However, we have to understand that people have schedules and commitments that we don't know about so we can't always judge why they can't make time for us. Also try talking to your friends and seeing if they are up for trying something new. If not maintain those friendships, but try to have other plans maybe once or twice a week. You could also try to join groups or activities not associated with your school. This is a different way of making friends whose social circles may not be completely full. If none of this seems to be working the good news is that in college creating new friend groups is much easier. If you would like to talk more call 2NDFLOORYouth Helpline at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8pm at 908-280-0235
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 03-24-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X