my abusive mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my abusive mom

I currently live with my mother and my dad lives in another state. They share 50/50 custody but i live with my mom. I have been physically punished for as long as I could remember, an deeply emotionally abused. My mom throws tantrums and insults me every chance she gets telling me how she’s disgusted by just looking at me, throwing things-everywhere, and i am not even allowed to talk because she will get ophysical if i do and say i irritate her. I spend no time with my mother ever, to me she is a stranger and i become more scared of her everyday, and recently it’s gotten worst. She called the cops on me, and uses not going to school as a punishment. I have been severely depressed and don’t know what to do. I contemplate suicide or running away. My dad and I speak everyday on the phone and so recently she been trying to take the phone from me so i have no contact with anybody and can’t tell anyone about what she’s doing. I have tried many times for help but somehow I am still in this system. I would like to take a plane and go to where my dad lives but he would have to pay for it and i don’t want him to get charged with anything since i would probably be considered a runaway and he would be involved. I cannot stay here anymore.

Sounds like a really difficult situation for you to be in. If you are being abused you can contact DCP&P at 877-NJ-ABUSE to report it. Keep track of any cases of abuse, either physical or emotional or neglect that she has done and let them know. They will do whatever they can to make sure you are living in a safe environment. Running away at this point would not be a good idea because you haven't given the DCP&P agency an opportunity to do their thing and see if they can make improvements in a safe and legal way. If you are feeling suicidal, you can contact 988 to reach the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which is never an answer to any problem you may be having. You can also reach out to us at 888-222-2228 to talk about this further, but definitely reach out to DCP&P to report the abuse.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X