I hate my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my life

Well, I'm so mad at my mom because all she does is compare me to other people and she's always saying that I don't do anything, that I'm too lazy. That I'm so stupid, that I'm very asshole and that I should already know how to cook but I only know a little, I don't know everything and I'm also tired. I come from school and I still have to come home, clean the kitchen, vacuum the living room, clean the bathroom, fold my mom's clothes because she leaves them everywhere and cook something for all of us, there are only 4 of us with my stepfather, my sister, my mother and me. and if i have time i can hardly do homework because i get so tired and stress about what i'm going to cook for the next day and yet she still tells me i'm worthless and i'm so sick of it and she still wants me to get good grades I mean I have an average of 90 and above which are good grades but sometimes I just feel like I'm going to die and I can't stand it sometimes I even end up in the school health office because I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Hi, I am glad you reached out to us. That must be very hurtful to hear negative things from your mom, sorry you are having a tough time with her. Have you ever talked to your mom about this and how it makes you feel? It sounds like you are a helpful daughter by doing all the household responsibilities that you do not have to do. So kudos to you! If you are concerned about your grades and for emotional support try talking to your guidance counselor at school. Your school counselor can give you some guidance and even bring your mom in to talk if needed. Again, I am sorry to hear that you are being called names and treated poorly. Hopefully if your mom realizes that her behavior is affecting you that she will change it... Parents are human too , not that it is okay for her to say these things but maybe she doesn't realize the impact of her word. Just playing devils advocate, but again you deserve better. Can you reach out to anyone in your family for support or a trusted person in your life to talk to. Just wondering why you feel you have to do it all, so if you feel that you are in an abusive environment, please call DCF or child protection services at 1-877 NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873). Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk about this or anything at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I already did that I went to my counselor a year ago and the counselor sent a social worker but she spoke to us separately but in the end she said that we were fine, that we needed to help our mom and that we are fine because we have food, we have what we need, but I feel that I'm never good enough that's what no one understands, and I already talked to my mom but she says that I'm still too lazy and stupid, I mean I know I'm the older sister now and I know that my mom gets tired when she returns from work and I know that my stepfather is sometimes so annoying because our step father comes from work but he wants us to have something cooked already and that is very stressful for her I know that, I understand that, but I feel useless with all the comments that my mother tells me. And I don't know because my mom already has problems with my step father because he just wants to come from work, take a shower, eat and went to sleep and he doesn't want to help, rarely does he help, and now I feel even worse now that I'm in love with this guy i met a year ago but now he is completely ignoring me.

Comment

hi there, thanks for responding. maybe visiting with a social worker or counselor again could be what you guys need. it sounds like a lot of these are re-occurring issues and family counseling could potentially help. we encourage you to continue communicating with your counselor at school and if you feel that your parent's verbal, negative comments are intensifying or becoming abusive - please call DCPP 1-877 NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873). Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk about this or anything at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi I'm sorry you're going through this. It definitely sounds like a lot for you to handle, and I definitely do not blame you for feeling this way. I see you've spoken to a counselor but is there maybe someone who is close to your mom that you can talk to? Maybe an aunt, uncle, grandma, etc? Sometimes moms do not realize the amount of pressure they put on their kids and sometimes they just need someone to give them that reality check. I hope things start to get better soon but in the meantime you are doing your best considering the circumstances and still making amazing grades. That is something to feel proud of.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X