Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my dad is ignoring me and my family, and hurts me when i dont do something he says

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dad is ignoring me and my family, and hurts me when i dont do something he says

i feel like my father is being a real uncool guy. when i was like 10, he used to listen to me all the time. Now, he just doesnt care about me. He ignores me and he doesnt want to talk about me and my interests. I have told my father i am suicidal very times and he still doesnt care. He even hurts me when i dont do what he says, simply because there is no purpose in doing it (make food for him and he just ate) and its starting to hurt, anything i can do to make my relationship healthier?

Sorry to hear that you are going through a tough relationship with your dad. I’m sure it must be upsetting for you to feel that he’s not listening to your feelings… Have you tried to talk to him? Maybe he doesn’t understand how you feel or that his behavior is affecting you. Is there anyone that can intervene and be there with you to why you talk because that might be helpful as well. If you are feeling suicidal please reach out for help or you can call us or you can call 988 the suicide and crisis lifeline anytime. There is always help out there. If you want to talk about this or anything please reach out to 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. It is good that you are reaching out for help. I would suggest trying to have a open and intimate conversation with your dad. Try to express your feelings and let him know how his attitude has hurt you. You can preface the conversation by telling your dad that you want to talk, have an honest conversation, have a respectful conversation, and that you want to talk person-to-person. Not that this is an excuse to treat you poorly, but maybe your dad is going through a rough time too and needs someone to talk to but doesn't know how to engage in conversation about what he is experiencing. Hopefully this can help to start a dialogue between the both of you where together you can help to repair the relationship. Also, if you are feeling suicidal, you should get professional help or contact a suicide help line - dial 988.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X