Manipulation??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manipulation??

I love with my parents and grandparents and I feel like I might be a victim of emotional abuse or manipulation. I don’t really know how to tell.
    All I know is the my grandmother will touch me when I say I don’t want to be touched and get up in my face and mock me. She also makes me feel self conscious a lot because she keeps pointing out everything that’s wrong with me. She likes to compare us a lot too, like sometimes I have trouble with paranoia because of my anxiety and when I tell her to stop doing something that is making me feel scared she says she has anxiety too and doesn’t stop.
    Everybody else in the house seems to think it’s normal and calls me disrespectful whenever I say something. Or my grandmother brings up that she suffered from abuse when she was little and what I’m going through is far from it.

While it's not possible to determine emotional abuse based on a message board post, it does at the very least sound like your Grandmother is crossing your boundaries and making you feel uncomfortable in your own home and others are not doing anything to stop it. If you do want a determination made if this is emotional abuse you can contact DCP&P and ask them to come out and perform an evaluation. Once they determine if there is abuse they will also recommend a course of action to start fixing any problems they find. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X