Parents Banning My Dream

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Banning My Dream

I want to be an Formula 1 driver (racing) so badly. I love this sport so much, it's a huge part of my world. But my parents don't get this and they hate the idea of me being an F1 driver. I've talked to them about it, but they said if I ever even thought of being an F1 driver, they would pretty much disown me. I'm saving up to go to karting camp, but my parents will need to approve. I've been karting once, and it only made me more sure that this is what I want to do. I'm so frustrated and upset. Any help please?

Thanks for reaching out to us. I understand how upsetting and frustrating this must be. Could your age right now have something to do with it? Are they worried about your safety? It seems you have had some sort of conversation about this but are you understanding your parents side and are they understanding yours? This is a very common problem between parents and their kids so hopefully you all can talk it out more. Also, when you become an adult you will have the ability to make more independent choices. If you would like to talk about this further please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Yes but you need to start karting at like 8 years old and i'm already 13. You have to start karting now or there will be no chance. My parents are very strict and will pretty much disown me if i mention it. I've talked about it w/ my guidance counselor and your text line but it didn't help. IDK what to do.

Comment

Unfortunately, you can't make your parents approve something that they do not wish to, but you can show them your passion in other ways. Ways that can benefit you as well. Such as studying karting online or taking out library books on karting. Increase your knowledge on it so when you are in a position to make your own decisions you will have the best understanding on the sport. If you would like to talk about this or anything else further, please reach out to 2NDFLOOR anytime 24/7 via text or call at 1(888)222-2228.

Comment

As the previous post has said you can show your passion in different ways. If you could research the requirements and costs of training then you could try to present to your parents a plan for how you would approach becoming an F1 driver. If you are able to present your case with facts and costs I think that it would be an idea to try to change your parent's minds about this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X