emotionalabuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emotionalabuse

My family is emotionally abusive, and I don't feel safe with them. I was recently in a mental hospital for 9 days, and they continue to bully and scream at me even after. I am suicidal, and I hate it over there! My mom says stuff like I'm a disappointment, I should hate myself, and others. When I said I could just live with my grandma they said even she wouldn't want me. CPS can't do anything about it. What should I do?

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time right now. It sounds like you are going through a lot. Why can't CPS do anything about your situation? Did they come in and perform an assessment and determine that there was no abuse going on in the house? If so you can always try to contact them again if things have changed from the last time you were evaluated. Make sure you tell them everything that's going on with you. If you are under the age of 18, you're parents can tell you where you can live. So they can say you can't live with your Grandmother until you are 18, then you can live where ever you want. Maybe try talking to your Grandmother and seeing if she is ok with you living there, then if you get an ok from her you could talk to your parents and let them know she is ok with you living there. If you are ever feeling like you are in danger of hurting yourself, you need to reach out for help. There are people available at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK or the NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735 to help you if you need it. You can also call or text us to talk about what you're going through at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I thought that CPS couldn't do anything about emotional abuse. Am I wrong? I'm only 12, so I can't live wherever I want, although I really need to get out of this hellhole called a home. I just can't do it anymore. The only reason I'm still alive at this point is that my parents are legally required to lock up all weapons and knives and meds.

Comment

If CPS performs an evaluation and finds that abuse of any kind is taking place in the house, they can perform an intervention to stop the abuse.

Comment

they're currently investigating us.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and am glad you were able to get in contact with CPS again regarding the investigation. Stay strong and please reach out to the Suicide Prevention Line at 800-273-TALK if you ever feel you may resort to harming yourself. Stay strong-- things will get better!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X