parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents

my mom treats me differently since she's gotten engaged to her middle school boyfriend, and now she doesn't want anything to do with me

Sometimes it can feel that way when our parents get into new relationships that take time away from yours. Maybe talking to her about how you feel would be helpful. Maybe set up a day a week (or however often works for you) to spend time together and do something you both enjoy. Making special time between the two of you might help you develop a great relationship. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I'm so sorry you feel this way. It's possible that perhaps your mom is trying to start off her relationship with her fiance on a positive foot so is putting in a lot of time and energy into that relationship, while being unaware that she hasn't been focusing much on her relationship with you. Communication is key and it may be very beneficial for you to have a private conversation with her to let her know how you feel about the situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X