I have no privacy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no privacy

My mom took my door and I havent had it for 2 months, she took my phone for 4 months and my mom refuses to let me have individual counseling when the family counseling hasnt been working and idk how to deal with this because i need an individual counseler and she is just scared as to me saying something bad about her like damn. Shes always yelling at me and she tells her boyfriend EVERYTHING about me but she twists the story. She saw my google hangouts messages with my friend where i said "i feel so ignored by my family and my brother barely talks to me" and she told her boyfriend that i said that she ignores me and that i was talking bad about my brother which none of that was talking bad about anyone. Also the other day when I asked for birth control (I'm a freshman in highschool) She said "you dont even have a boyfriend but if your gonna sleep around you will get pregnant and I will drop you off at your dads" (my dad is a recovering addict with an unstable home and no job plus I havent seen him in a year) Then when we got home she made me tell her boyfriend that I asked to be put on birth control and that I said i was planning on losing my virginity which is not true. I'm just so over her manipulation and gaslighting.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with all these issues at this time. It is good that you are in counseling even if it isn't the kind you prefer. Talk to your counselor about all your concerns with your mother and maybe you could get some answers as to why all this is happening. Was there a reason why she removed your door? For example, did you do something behind closed doors that made her concerned for your safety. Maybe you could bring up in therapy what you could do to earn your door back. Things like her looking at your Google messages, is this being done for a safety issue? And again, can you bring up in therapy what you could do to earn her trust enough to not go through her personal messages? Finally, if you feel these behaviors are abusive to you can always call and report them to DCP&P at 1-800-NJ-ABUSE and depending on if they feel they are also abusive, they can come out and perform an evaluation and possibly intervene in some way to improve your situation. You can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X