I can't cope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't cope

So basically I keep having all these flashbacks and nightmares about stuff my dad did to me, and I can't get them out of my head. Every single time I try to compartmentalize them they just come right back to me. I keep getting triggered by certain things, for example, a ball came at my head today and that triggered a ton of flashbacks. I honestly just don't know what to do at this point because I have no clue how to cope with any of this. I'm starting to fall behind in school- and I previously struggled before this (with other things) and this is just completely pushing me over the edge. I have no idea what to do and I need to find ways to cope, which I know isn't permanent but I need something because I literally can't.

I am sorry you are going through this but I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. I think it is important for you to get a therapist to work through this. It would be helpful. It is important to figure out what is triggering you so maybe you can work through it before you have flashbacks and/ or nightmares. If you feel the need to discuss this further please reach out to 2ndfloor by message board, text or phone. We are available 24/7. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X