I can't trust my mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't trust my mom

I found out this week that my parents are getting divorced because my mom had been cheating on my dad. It really really sucks. I don't know where I'm going to live or who I'm going to live with or what or if I can go to the same school. I hope I can still see my friends and don't have to go to a new school. but like also I can't trust my mom now. Like if she's been lying to my dad and me and my sister for weeks or months or whatever, how can I trust her about anything? And if I can't trust my mom who can I trust? I was way closer to my mom then any of my friends but like now if she's been lying about this what isn't she lying about? My dad is alright and we get along but not the same way. I don't have any friends I can trust like my mom and now she's destroyed our family and I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust her again.

Hey there! I am glad you reached out. I am very sorry to hear about what is going on between your parents. It is understandable how trust in your mother can be questionable at this point but remember that she is still the same person and people do make mistakes. It can be concerning to think about where the future may lead but remember that everything happens one day at a time. Sometimes parents even find a way to work through something like this.

Perhaps it would be worth bringing your concerns up to your mother to address them head on. It may help you to have some answers and it may help your mom to try and rebuild her relationship with you. If you would like to talk about this or anything else further please feel free to reach out any time 24/7 via text or call at 1(888)222-2228.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your parents, I can't even imagine what you are going through. It sounds like you have a lot of questions about what is going to be and how this is going to work out - which is so normal at this stage and I'm sure its really unsettling.

Trust is a really delicate thing - it is so easily broken, even when we have no intention of doing so. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is: does this have to impact your relationship with your mother? Does lying to one person make you a general liar, someone who would lie to anyone? Maybe she lied, but did she (/would she) lie to you?

These are really big ideas to be grappling with - what does honesty mean, what constitutes a breach in a relationship, what it means to trust your mother. It might be helpful for you to speak with someone professional who can help direct you and guide you as you explore these thoughts and realities. Definitely reach out if you think this might be helpful and 2NDFLOOR might be able to help you get in touch with the right person for you.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about the situation with your parents. I hear that you feel like you cannot trust your mother because of this situation. However, just understand that your mother and father have a relationship that is private and does not involve you. You should not take this personally, because your parents have their own issues to sort out. But, your parents still love and adore you and would not break your trust in that same way. There is no need to overthink the relationship with your mother, she loves you very much I'm sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X