I need advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice

Everyday my mom stirs up arguments with me and I am the one that ends up being hit or blamed for the arguments. She takes away the phone that keep in mind I pay for and says I do nothing around the house when I do everything. Just the other day she hit me with a hanger multiple times and forced me to give her my phone password. Then afterward she tried to blame the situation on me and that having a boyfriend has made me depressed when clearly I was sad of the unfair treatment I get. She is so manipulative and if i tell anyone about my situation she lies and makes me look bad and threatens me with abuse. At this point im ready to pack my bags and leave, but im 16. Can i legally leave if im being physically abused? I dont want to get cps involved i just want to leave swiftly and smoothly as much as possible.

I'm sorry to hear that you are currently struggling with your relationship with your Mom. Being hit with a hanger is totally wrong and no one deserves to be treated like that. No you cannot legally leave at 16 on your own. The way to start the process is to call DCP&P and report the abuse at 1-877-NJ ABUSE. This will enable a counselor to come to your home and evaluate your situation and start the process of you getting help. This does not have to be long and rocky, it could be as simple as someone ensuring your Mom is not hitting you any more. If the abuse does not stop, they may take further steps including helping you to leave in a legal and safe manner. But the first step of getting help is to call. If you're scared to do this on your own give us a call and we can do it with or for you to make it easier. You can reach us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi, I understand your mother is abusing you. You might be able to look into being legally emancipated if you have the resources to do so. Until then, I think it might be best you stay with any family or close friends until you sort out the situation with your mother. And tell someone about the abuse she's been forcing on you if you do not want to get DCP&P involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X