My mom is problematic.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is problematic.

Today, my mom came into my room and started whining about it being messy. I told her I was gonna clean it and then she starts yelling at me for this. She easily gets angry over every small thing and only makes the problem worse by refusing to calm down. If I try to talk to her calm she yells at me and tells me to stop yelling even though I didn't yell. How can I deal with her?
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 11-19-2020, 09:39 AM.

Glad you reached out. Family relationships can have ups and downs and aren't always perfect. Is there a chance your mom doesn't realize how her yelling makes you feel? Maybe try talking with her when you both are not upset, even write a note if you think it will go over better. If you try all those things then just try to avoid or ignore and only address it sometimes, pick and choose your battles because you can't change someone or how they behave but you can change how your react. Changing your reactions is about self care for you and often times when someone is shouting at you often it is about them, but parents are perfect so again maybe your mom doesn't truly understand how it affects you. Also, try talking to someone you trust so you can vent about your frustrations. Venting can help you cope with stressors too. Hope this helps you some, if you want to talk about this or anything just text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X