Parents Slut-Shame Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Slut-Shame Me

Hi. I'm really frustrated by my parents right now. I went to bed wearing shorts and a crop top, and my mom refused to touch me, saying "Might as well be naked." and shoved me away. I was like, "why are you mad at me?" and she just looked at me with these dagger eyes. These instances continue constantly, and I asked my dad " Why is Mom mad at me?" and he responded by giving me a long-winded response like "well if someone looks in your window (I live on the SECOND FLOOR of the house) and they take picture of you, what will you do then?" In what world is that a reason for me not to wear what I want to wear to bed? It's ridiculous. He basically said something like "people won't take you seriously" and "you don't want to be that type of girl". My mom has also screamed at me for leaving the house to walk my dog in a shirt that reaches just below my belly button when I raise my arms. These things constantly happen, even when I'm in my own room. I feel helpless, they don't take me seriously because they think I'm being a dumb teenager. I have tried talking to them, I get nowhere. It goes a lot deeper than what I just wrote, but that's the surface. I've come to hate myself and my body, which has led to self-harm. I need help and I don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear that you are at odds with your parents about what you wear to bed. Talk to them about it if you haven't and you can even write a note explaining how you feel when they make comments like that to you. It is still expressing yourself in a less confrontational way. Is there anyone else in your life that you trust to talk to your parents with you like an aunt, uncle, sibling? Sometimes having an objective party there can help, just a thought. Hopefully they will be open to hearing you at some point and in the meantime just know that it is okay to wear clothing that you feel comfortable in. If you want to talk about this or anything else please text or call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 anytime.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X