I feel like im trapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like im trapped

Sometimes this doesn't happen, but a lot of other times it does. A lot of times when I want to go somewhere or pursue something, my mom always makes me feel like what I'm doing is wrong, that I'm giving her and my dad a hard time, or that I shouldn't make her lonely. Today I wanted to go to the high school and go on a run with the other girls on my freshman field hockey team, but when I asked my mom, she told me that I couldn't. The reason being is that I had to stay home and keep her company and because she thinks I'm worn out and tired from the football game last night when I'm fine. The football game part, I get it she's looking out for me, but I truly am fine, and even if I tell her I am she doesn't listen. And then when I tell her that I'm my own person and that I feel trapped because she can't keep keeping me at home all the time for that, she tells me that I am not my own person and that I'm hers, my dads, and gods until I am married. It's just going on a run to get stamina and get better for games, I don't get what is so wrong. This happens with other things too. No matter if I try talking to her she keeps on having this mindset. I don't know if it is just the Indian culture, not having a good marriage, or just being toxic that made her this way, but I really don't know what to do.

I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. It sounds like your mom is a bit overprotective and a bit lonely. It also sounds like you have tried talking to her about how you feel. It could be a cultural thing, is that the way other family members are treated? Also, is it possible to speak to your dad about this? Maybe he could help. It is not unreasonable for you to go on a run with your other team members. In fact it is probably a good thing to help improve your hockey game. Maybe bring it up to her in this way, if it happens again. The only think you can do is try explaining things to her but she will most likely not change unless she feels the need to. The only think you can do is try to change your reaction to her. Try to approach her differently. I hope some if these suggestions help you. You can always reach out to us at 2NDFLOOR. We are here 24/7 by text, phone or message board. Our number is 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X