Toxic Home Environment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Home Environment

My girlfriend has a lot of issues regarding her home life and I don't know how to help. Her mom and sister are emotionally and sometimes verbally abusive towards her and she keeps telling me how upset she is and that she doesn't have any control and has the urge to self harm again. She's 18 and says she needs to move out and get her own apartment but doesn't have enough money to support herself. I don't know what I can do to help besides be there for support although I don't know if that's enough.

Hi there. It's great that you are supportive of her and it is clear that you are very concerned. If she needs additional support you can suggest that she utilize emergency services if she is ever in danger or feels unsafe with herself or around her family, she can call or text with a support counselor from 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, or reach out to 180 Turning Lives
    Around, Inc. 180tla.org Domestic Violence: (888) 843-9262 for additional support/resources in regards to the abuse she's experiencing at home. The teen self-injury helpline (800) DONTCUT 366-8288 may also be useful if she is struggling with thoughts of self-harm. Thanks for reaching out about this issue, we are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X