parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents

my parents don't give me any privacy at all. i understand that they are just trying to protect me or whatever, but at the same time, they need to understand that im my own person, and there are some things that i shouldnt have to tell them. they are always taking my phone and searching it, which is so unnecessary because im not even doing anything bad on it. there have been times where ill have a conversation about something personal with one of my friends at night, and then i wake up the next morning to my mom asking me about the conversation i had. it hurts that they dont trust me when they have no reason not to. at one point in time, my mom had my messages linked to her phone without telling me, and when i found out and confronted her about it, she lied to me. its completely unfair to me that i dont get to have conversations or things in my life that they dont know about. whenever im sad about something, they force me to tell them whats wrong, but i shouldnt have to if i dont want them to know or just dont want to talk about it. i dont know what to do at this point but its driving me crazy, especially because they dont do this to my siblings.

Glad you reached out to us. I understand why it would be upsetting and make you feel like you are not being trusted. Can you ask your mom? Can you try talking to them about how you feel? Maybe if someone else is with you whom you trust to talk? You can also write a note, less confrontational and will still relay your message. Family relationships can be challenging sometimes but just remember that the only actions you can control is your own, so if you can avoid the drama whenever possible do it. It in no way mean that it is your fault but you can't change your parents behavior or actions. I hope this helps you some and if you want to talk further, please text or call us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

My parents fight every night I am very scared of them getting a divorce

Comment

Try talking to them about how their fighting makes you feel, you can write a note if that is easier for you. Reach out and talk to someone you trust about this (relative, friend, guidance) so that you are able to vent and have support. If you want to talk further please call us anytime at 888-222-2228 or text, we are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X