I don't know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do

I am 17 years old and doing well in school but at home it seems like everything I do or say is wrong. I end up fighting with my parents over anything a few minutes ago I fought with my father because I corrected him with the way you pronounce a word I feel like I am the problem in my house and constantly want to move out at least on my own I won't feel like I am a problem. At school I find my self getting good grade but I often get mad because they aren't perfect they aren't all A's and I feel like if they aren't my parents wouldn't be happy but they are. I am sad even when there's nothing to be sad about I always apologize even if I did nothing wrong. Some days I wake up and think does the world need me should I be here should I go to school. Other days I feel numb to the world nothing matters at all. I tried to play a sport which was cheerleading but I felt like the team didn't want me there I felt like I didn't belong like an outcast so I ended up quitting. I tried counseling but I felt like they didn't listen I just don't know if it's normal I have done thing I'm not proud of like punch walls or anything in sight I hate being myself because of fear that I won't be accepted

I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. Many teenagers experience drastic changes in moods, feelings of isolation, and a sense that don't belong. So yes, it could just be a part of being 17. Based on what you wrote it could also be the things happening in your life making you feel this way. Finding ways to help release the stress you feel is an important of caring for your self. However, punching a wall may not be the safest way to do that. Maybe you could try another way to release those feelings. Like punching a pillow instead of the wall. Going for a walk or run, listening to music or even writing out what you are experiencing.
    You also mentioned having tried counseling. It can be really helpful to have a safe place to talk about what is happening in your life. Talking with a counselor, school social worker or even a teacher you trust can be a good way to do that. Sometimes it takes a few tries to start to feel the effects.
    We are available 24/7 on our phone and text line (888-222-2228). Whenever you want to talk more about this please feel free to contact us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X