mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom.

i feel like everything i do is wrong . whenever me and my mother get into an argument , she just wants to cut communication , comment on me , insult me . i always try to communicate with her , but she just doesn

Sorry to hear you are having this communication breakdown when trying to work things out with your Mom. The first thing would be to make sure she is aware that she is doing it and that it is hurting you. Sometimes people aren't aware of their actions or their effects on other people. Secondly, if you've tried that, maybe some form of family therapy would be helpful? Not only in working on the issues you are having, but on how to communicate with each other. Maybe if there are other close family members, you could get them involved as well as a mediator between you two guys. They can sometimes help to get both parties communicating in a more healthy fashion. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

My mother is not insulting, but she beats me.
      I was failing Chemistry, and as a result she beat me for half an hour straight.
      After all that, I had giant bruises on my shoulders and back for three weeks.
      She also calls me incompetent and stupid.
      She says I might die on the streets.
      My father is no help either.
      He yells at me along with my mother.
      Sometimes, I feel like HE'S worse.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing abuse from your parents. If you are unsafe please call DCP&P at 1-877-NJ ABUSE and someone can come out to you so that you are safe. You can call us as well or let an adult know at school, they can also help you right away. Text or call at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7.

Comment

My mom is always stressed and I feel like she wears it all out on me. but wait, there's more i just moved to Comayagua, Honduras and I feel depressed from all of this.
          I nearly jumped off of the second story. This is not a medaphore. I thought it would be less stress for her. And I feel like a bad kid because I said I hated her

Comment

That is too bad that you feel that way about your Mom, but suicide is never a solution to any problem, and that's for sure not what you're Mom wants you to do. Maybe you could try talking to her about how you feel and what is making you feel that way. Sometimes people do lose their tempers and say things they don't really mean, but if you apologize and tell your Mom that you really do care about her, hopefully you could move forward in your relationship. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself in anyway, please contact emergency services and tell them what's going on. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline if you just want to talk about your feelings. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I feel like lash out at my mom when she yells at me but I can't control it. I get bad then she gets mad then we almost beat each other up and I kind of just feel numb afterwards and I don't know how to feel and I just feel like a horrible person for being the way I am and I've tried to change but I just can't.

Comment

Me and My mom are having some bad issues because she can

Comment

I'm sorry you and your mom are having some bad issues. If you would like to talk about this further you can call/text us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

My Mom finds the littlest things and turns them into a bunch of big things. Every mistake I make she does not forgive but when my brother does, she seems to forgive him and she purposely favors him over me to make me feel bad. She screams and yells at me often, she curses calls me names and has said I hate you... even if I say nothing at all it will just get worse, I

Comment

Glad you reached out us! Sorry to hear that you are feeling bad about the relationship between you and your mom, it can't feel good. Have you tried communicating with your mom when things are calm between you two? I am not making an excuse but maybe your mom does not realize the magnitude of her words and unfairness between you and your brother? Is there any way that you would be able to write her a note explaining how you feel, it is communication but less confrontational...it could help. I'm not sure how old you are but if you are in school you can reach out to a trusted teacher or guidance to get support. Can you talk to anyone else? dad? aunt? uncle? Sometimes just venting can be beneficial for you, also its possible that they could be a mediator between you and your mom, again just some suggestions but you do what you are comfortable with. I hope this helps you some! If you would like to talk about this further you can call/text 2NDFLOOR, we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                      Working...
                      X