A family members death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A family members death

so just recently my identical twin Just died. we had a special connection and the fact that I just lost her is just crazy. Shed died from getting hit by a drunk driver. And I was right next to her. It should have been me to get hit. I just can't imagine life without her and I don't want to live without her. I just want to be with her in heaven. I just want to die. I don't want to be here without her especially since I'm just starting middle school and things have been difficult. I just want to be with her.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time right now with the death of your sister. Of course that is a very traumatic event and you are going to be dealing with the feelings related to it for some time now. The feeling you are experiencing is likely what is known as survivor's remorse, where a person feels guilty because they are ok and a loved one in their live either got hurt or died. If you're not already in therapy, you should be, not only for dealing with the death of your sister, but for wanting your own life to end. While these feelings are common, especially in a situation like you're going through, they aren't healthy. Mental health therapy could help you deal with your emotions regarding your sister and at the same time help alleviate some of the grief, remorse and feelings of guilt you are experiencing that are making you feel like you want to die as well. If you ever get to a point where you are feeling concerned like you are going to act on your thoughts of wanting to die, it is extremely important for you to reach out for help. Call the NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735 or the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK and let them know what you are feeling. You can also reach out to us anytime at 888-222-2228 to discuss any of these issues further.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X