Unsafe and Unsure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsafe and Unsure

I feel unsafe at home. I'm not being abused or anything like that, but I have a strong desire to leave home and never go back. I'm a closeted bisexual and trans woman. I could never come out to my family. I have depression and anxiety attacks triggered by arguments with my parents and just the relationship I have with certain family members. I have nowhere else to go that wouldn't be with other family members, none of whom I feel comfortable explaining my desire to leave. I don't have any friends to stay with. I feel alone.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time at home right now. When does moving out become a possibility? Is there a way for you to work and start saving to get your own place? In the mean time, would some mental health counseling help you? It would probably be able to reduce your anxiety and also give you someone to confide in about being closeted. Do you have any friends that you can talk to about what you are experiencing? I know you said that you can't stay with them, but maybe it will help you to have people to talk to about what you are going through. Also, check out this website and see if it's something that you think might be helpful for you to check out. http://crossroadsprograms.org/. Thank you for reaching out for help. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I have a job right now, and I'm in school. And in therapy, although I don't feel completely comfortable mentioning being trans to my therapist. I don't think the therapist I have now is experienced in that area. I don't know when I'll be able to move out or how much I'll have to save up in order to do that. I don't have anyone in my life that I really feel comfortable talking about my sexuality and gender identity with. I have friends I can share almost anything with, but never about being bi or trans.

I have anxiety at work right now, but it's manageable. That's why I only work part-time. My anxiety at school is worse. I had to withdrawal from all my classes last semester and take this semester off. I don't want to go back until I'm absolutely sure that my anxiety will be under control during school. I got a job mainly because my parents forced me too, but I need the money I guess.

Comment

I get major anxiety at lunch. when I was in elementary I used to eat both lunch and breakfast but ever since I have gotten to middle school I haven't been eating. When ever I get into the lunch room I never feel Hungary and I don't eat. I always throw out my lunch to make it look like I ate lunch. I lie to my parents about it to.

Comment

Glad you reached out to us. Please go to your guidance counselor and explain your anxiety so you both can come up with a solution so you get to eat, sometimes students are able to go to the nurse's office to eat lunch. It is worth a try because it is not good to not eat or to feel that there is not help out there for you. I don't know if you told your parents or guardians about this either but it would be a good idea to let them know what is happening. I hope this helps you and if you want to talk further please text or call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I know this is probably wrong but I don't tell my parents about my attempts of suicide. I also don't tell my parents that i'm on this site because they think I'm a freak and get all mad. They would want to try to talk to me but I just can't talk to them, I don't feel comfortable talking to them and worst of all I don't have a phone so I cannot talk to my friends whenever I want, and if I talk to them during school i'm afraid someone will hear so I talk to them while I walk home even though its a far walk I still do it to get things off of my chest. But i'm still so scared that my parents would get mad so I have to sneak this computer up stairs and delete all of the history so my parents would never find out. should I tell them or stay quiet

Comment

First, if you feel that you are going to hurt yourself please go to your local ER or call 911, someone can help you immediately. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273- 8255 or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741741.
              So I understand it being hard to talk about your feelings, it can be scary but if you feel that you need support like a therapist or psychiatrist that it sounds like a good idea to talk to your parents. You can go to guidance in the school as well and they can help you with talking to your parents. Just know that you are not alone so please think about reaching out for support or talking to your parents. You could even ask a relative you trust to talk with you or help talking to your parents. Hope this helps you and if you need to talk again please don

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X