I'm done with my sister and mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done with my sister and mom

For a couple months now, my sister has been cursing at me, sticking her middle finger up at me, and hitting me. She doesn't know how to take out her anger, so she takes it out on me. She's said to me, "I hope you get hit by a bus...I'm going to slit your throat...I hope you die." She's threatened me with a knife, saying she will kill herself and me after I took her shirt. She curses and yells at my mom in addition to me. I'm 15 and my sister is 14. I've urged my mother to get her a therapist or to interject when she curses at me and her. My mom thinks the best way to sort this out is to let us sort it out on our own, but it's been months. My mother never sticks up for me or herself. I never curse at my sister or hit her when she hits/curses at me. My dad is remarried and his wife hates me. We had a fight last year in December and we haven't seen them since. All of my friends are selfish and stubborn and would never understand. I don't know what to do or how to sort this out.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this and more importantly, that you feel like you are going through it alone. There are a couple of options you could try out, such telling your Mom that it isn't "sorting itself out"' and that you are being hit and more needs to be done. Maybe even suggest family therapy as an option for everyone to speak about the situation. You can also call DCP&P if you feel like you are being injured at home and nothing is being done to prevent it. They can be contacted at 1-877-NJ-ABUSE. As far as your father, maybe you could reach out to him and see if there has been any change in his stance. Sometimes people can change and maybe time has made him less upset about the fight. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Please don't feel that you ever should put up with that! I went through it growing up with a sister 5 years older than me and my mom did nothing. Dad wasn't in the picture. She choked me, beat me, threatened me, hit me, you name it. As adults, it turned into constant yelling and verbal abuse. I'm now 43 and finally told my sister ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I no longer speak to her. Don't put up with it! Call the cops if you have to. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X