My parents keep comparing me to others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents keep comparing me to others

So recently, I've been going to a program called Wight Foundation. Its an enrichment program to help kids go into boarding schools. Lately, I've been having trouble there, and they've recently removed me from the program. They didn't forcefully remove me though. They kept on saying, I bet your brother and sister wouldn't have problems. And they've also said that they don't think that I can make up my missing work. I think that if they would've provided me with positive reinforcement, I would've had more confidence in myself. They've also been comparing me to some of my friends and they've been saying that they're so much better than me. There's been a lot of stuff that I've been falsely accused of and when I try to defend myself it comes off as disrespectful even though that's 100% not my intention. Everytime that they compare me to others, I feel like as if they dont want me and it's been making me feel like jumping out of my porch and ending myself. I know that's not the right thing to do so I've been trying to stay positive throughout all of this. Is there anything that I can do in order to prevent stuff like this from happening. Lately, I've been saying 1,2,3 in order to prevent myself from talking back. But even when I do that, it comes off as disrespectful to them. Any advice PLEASE?

So if you've already been removed from the program, you can try to contact them and see what it would take for you to get back in (you might have to do it with your parents/guardians help) and what they expect from you as a student. You can explain that in certain situations, you just like to explain yourself, but depending on the rules of the school, that might not be acceptable. As far as comparing you to others, that's not really something that should happen in school, although it does sometimes, we are all individuals and should be treated and judged that way. Is it possible that type of a school isn't a good fit for you? Is it possible that a different environment would be more open would allow you to achieve your maximum potential? Maybe counting to yourself would also help in the situation your describing? Finally, it's important to know that ending your life is never an acceptable option, no matter what and if you're feeling like that might be an option, you need to get help. Reaching out to helplines such as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or the NJ Hopeline at 855-654-6735 would also be helpful. You can reach us by phone or text 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X