Why am i so sad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am i so sad

So every once in a while I write on this message board. It's quite therapeutic. So here goes:

My birthday is tomorrow. I will be 14. I am usually excited for it since it usually means presents, the end of school, and summer. But my family is always so inconsiderate. Today (the day before) my sister got into a fight with my mom and said some harsh things. My mom has had on and off depression for months. I love my mom so much and I'm too empathetic. If she's depressed, I'm depressed. I could never tell her my true feelings because then she would try to hide it from me and think she was a bad mother, which she's not. I fell asleep and because of the fight, we skipped dinner. I tried to make myself some pasta, but I burned it (yea i know, who burns pasta?) and myself. So now, I'm hungry, extremely sad, and physically hurting. Everything feels so bad right now. I know it's just one day, rather one night, that's gone terribly wrong but I just feel so sad and upset.
    And don't even get me started on my dad, he's a whole other situation. My mom's a single parent, so she has more work and try, I really do, to help around the house.
    I just feel so alone. I have no friends, my sister is a spoiled brat and I'll be spending my birthday in my room, crying. All I have is my cat.
    This post is a rant post, so there isn't much point to it. As I stated before, it's kinda therapeutic for me to write my problems out and then release them.
    So, thanks.

I'm glad to hear that it can be therapeutic for you to write a post to help feel better. That is a very healthy coping skill! Have you ever thought about journaling? We all have bad days and unfortunately one of your bad days happened to land right before your birthday. Today is a new day and it's your actual birthday!- you can always make up for it! You sound like a great daughter to your mom- you should be more honest with her about your feelings, especially only being 14, and it should never have anything to do with her thinking she is a bad mom because of it. If you would like to talk about this further or anything else in the future you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Otherwise, keep using our message board! Happy birthday!

P.S. It's easy to burn pasta
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-17-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I have never been like this but now I am getting help and my depression is getting better but at times this one person brings me down I don't know how to ignore it

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that you're getting help with your depression. It's great that you feel comfortable enough to ask for more support on our message board as well. It sounds like you're doing important things to help yourself and that's something you can feel proud of. It seems like it could be frustrating to deal with someone who brings you down, even though you've been doing great things for yourself. It may be helpful to consider the perspective of only being able to control your own behavior, as opposed to the behavior of others. You may not be able to control this one person's behavior, but you have full control of accessing resources and utilizing your own available coping skills. Thinking of taking control of your own behavior instead of wishing other people could be different can help to empower you and improve your mood. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you'd like more support on this topic. We are available 24/7 via call and text at 888-222-2228. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X